Bishop and Chapter met on 11 September 2023 with 10 of 13 members present. Minutes of the last meeting were unavailable and will be considered at the next meeting. Members read and briefly discussed “The Ultimate Guide to Delegation” (Nick Blevins) – categories: What to Delegate, To Whom to Delegate, How to Delegate. Resources to Delegate Better and 7 steps to follow included.
FROM THE DEAN
• Preaching through the Season of Creation 01 September - 4 October; vacation 24 July - 13 August; staff meetings 27 June and 05 September, outside Communions (1), committee/group meetings (2), staff and deacon reviews completed, home visits (3), 3 home/hospital communions, 2 funerals / 1 committal / 2 attended, Evening Prayer Jackson Falls 23 August, July/August Sunday worship attendance (75 avg) - 10 September (106).
• Vacancies: Chapter Property | Vice-Chair | Nominating
Synod Finance Committee (2)
• 17 September 8:00, 10:30, 4:00 every other week resumes
• 18-20 September - Diocesan Clergy Conference, Renforth
Bishop’s letters: appointment of Isabel Cutler, Deacon and permission to administer Communion (D. Beek)
• Benevolence Policy - adopted as of 11 September 2023
• Recognition - Canon Rod Black as Honorary Assistant
June Report of Planning Study - Source Alliance returned the final report of the feasibility study (January - May) regarding Cathedral restoration, Our Bishop has one other contact he wishes to make. Cathedral officers and the Bishop considering the next step in light of the current circumstances. Letters of thanks will be sent to planning study participants this week.
Treasurer - Offerings stable but below budget with a 31 August deficit of $55,657. Payroll and Shared Ministry is $36,000 monthly. $9,887 in flow through donations (PWRDF, community ministries etc.) to be transferred. Sunday financial update presentation before the end of September
Administration and Finance - tour guide season has ended with thanks
Worship - no report
Property - noted recent gifts-in-kind with thanks
Health and Pastoral Care - no meeting. Only a few COVID test kits left
Communications - no recent meeting. Additional souvenirs were acquired for sale during the summer tour season
Christian Formation - planning for 30 Sept Day of Truth and Reconciliation; Life in the Eucharist postponed to Fall 2024; Godly Play has resumed; discussed possible quiet space on the Green
Welcome and Hospitality - no meeting. 3 committee members + Dean
• Nominating Committee - 4-1st term / 1-2nd term vacancies upcoming in 2024. T. Maston (Lay-Chair) plans not to let his name stand for a second term
• 30 September - Day of Truth and Reconciliation
• 21 October - Farraline Gala Fundraiser
Monday, 16 October 2023 GMH