Saturday, 30 September is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and we are encouraged to continue our prayers on that day
The Cathedral Office and Memorial Hall will be closed on Monday, 02 October.
Merciful God, you call us to loving relationship with one another.
Be with us now as we seek to heal old wounds and find joy again in this relationship.
Replace our hearts of stone with hearts of flesh.
Give us the gifts of honesty and openness, and fill us with your healing power and grace.
We ask this in Jesus’s name. Amen.
[The Anglican Healing Fund]
You might also find the following of interest:
- Resources for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation from the Anglican Church of Canada
- Telling and Teaching the Truth: The Church’s Obligation to Education about the Ongoing Legacy of the Doctrine of Discovery - a statement from the national leaders of the Anglican/Episcopal and Evangelical Lutheran churches in Canada and the United States.
- Resources and Events for Truth and Reconciliation Week from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
- Child-friendly resource: Spirit Bear's Guide to the TRC Calls to Action