Bishop and Chapter met 16 February 2021 by video conference with 11 of 14 members present. Guests Kendra Patrick (Bringloe Feeney LLP) and Tom Maston were welcomed. A faith conversation and discussion of the article “We’re in the Innovation Business” (Dwight Zscheile) was postponed to the next meeting. Minutes of 18 January 2021 adopted.
From the Dean
- during Orange Alert level no hospital (end of life care only) or home visits. Telephone contacts when possible. Communion is available upon specific request following restrictions
- no care facility Communions (Farraline/Windsor Court) in current alert level.
- meetings with Chapter committees and other groups
- lecture on Anglicanism for students at Northeast Christian College on 08 February
- refresher course on Prepare Enrich - relationship inventory tool and resources for preparing couples for marriage
- conversations continue regarding Synod and Cathedral sharing and future development
Cathedral Video Project - one PTZ camera received and temporarily installed yielding significant improvement in the quality of our live streams. Remaining equipment expected soon. Project overview
Chapter By-law - several needed adjustments being identified. Possible revisions to be considered by the new Chapter in 2021
Parish Nurse - Search Committee (S. Dibblee chair) is at work. A next step is finalizing and posting an advertisement for the half-time staff position as soon as possible
Committee and Group Reports - thanks to all for attention to annual reporting. The 2021 Annual Report has been circulated.
Nominating Committee - a current version of the report to the Annual was circulated. Last-minute adjustments in a final version circulated for the Annual Meeting, new nominations up to the time of election
Financials - 2020 reports including Review Engagement presented by Kendra Patrick and approved for presentation to the Annual Meeting. 2021 Budget approved for presentation
Invested Funds - Agreement between corporations and the Synod regarding participation in the Diocesan Consolidated Investment Fund, as an investment tool of choice, moving to Diocesan Regulation 5-3 from individual contracts. No substantial changes. Motions carried
2021 Nominating Committee - member nominations recommended
Annual Meeting - 1) In-person (by signup), 2) observe by live stream 3) Zoom video conference option. See details in the normal Friday email.
Treasurer - Brief overview of January month-end and Proposed Budget.
Property - Heritage Standing update of 2016 report on Cathedral maintenance on-going
Christian Formation - “Ad - LENT - ures” opportunities for Lenten study and reflection complete with all encouraged to participate
Communications - see annual report for 2020
Health and Pastoral Care - Parish Nurse search a priority. C. Stevenson has resigned as chair of the Health Ministry Committee.
Welcome and Hospitality - see annual report for 2020
Mission and Outreach - progress on Housing First Project - construction expected by summer 2021. Monday morning last Mondays
Finance and Administration - stewardship team hopes to continue progress on narrative budget. Mike Toole has resigned as committee member, Stewardship Team Chair and Cathedral Safe Church Officer
• Ash Wednesday (17 February); Annual Meeting (21 February)
• Next Meeting: 15 March 2021