Read each passage and circle the choice or choices you think best answer the question. Don't look at the answers until you've completed all the questions!
Malachi 3:8-12 read
1. What promises does God make to givers according to his direction in these verses:
a. an overwhelming blessing
b. no suffering
c. protection against losses due to "circumstances"
d. a better job
e. material riches
2. How does God look on those Israelites who withheld their tithe?
a. as shrewd financial planners
b. as robbers
c. as good people just trying to do the right thing
Luke 6:38 read
3. How does God decide whether to use a big scoop or a small scoop when he blesses us?
a. he uses the same size scoop for everyone
b. if we use our big scoop, he uses his big scoop. If we use our small scoop, he uses his small scoop
2 Corinthians 9:6 read
4. Principles of “sowing” and “reaping” include:
a. a single seed planted produces a plant bearing many seeds
b. sowing lawn seeds sparingly produces a full rich lawn
c. sowing lawn seeds generously means you'll have to mow a lot
2 Corinthians 9:7 read
5. So long as we give a full tithe, our attitude in giving it isn't important.
2 Corinthians 9:8-11 read
6. In response to our generous giving, God will give us enough to:
a. purchase a new red Porsche
b. meet all our needs
c. be generous in the future
Philippians 4:15-19 read
7. The promise that "my God will meet all your needs" is tied to a covenant of giving and receiving in God's ministry.
Haggai 1:2-11 read
8. Why does God withhold blessings from his people?
a. just to watch them squirm
b. to be faithful to his principle of sowing and reaping
c. to teach them to put giving to God first
Matthew 6:21-24 read
9. How can a person tell whether he or she is serving God rather than money?
a. by the size of the VISA bill at the end of the month.
b. by the size of the paycheck
c. by the amount of the gift to the church
d. by the ratio of the paycheck total to the gift to the church
e. by the number of cars in the driveway
Luke 21:1-4 read
10. The lessons of this passage are:
a. the poor are being exploited in giving to God more than they can afford
b. God is pleased with the love represented by the widow's gift
c. two tiny copper coins given out of sacrifice are worth more to God than a bundle of cash given without sacrifice
Answers: 1. a and c; 2. b; 3. b; 4. a and c; 5. b; 6. b and c; 7. a; 8. b and c; 9. d; 10. b and c
HOW DO YOU RATE?
3 to 5 wrong–look more carefully. 1 to 2 wrong– good. All correct–no excuses.
Growing in Giving ... #1 - A Giving FAQ - What about stewardship? What about the tithe?
Growing in Giving ... #2 - What is a tithing (“demonstration”) Sunday?
Growing in Giving ... #3 - Principles of Giving - a Biblical Quiz
Growing in Giving ... #4 - Ten Truths about Biblical Giving