Bishop and Chapter met on Monday, 11 December 2017 with ten of twelve members present. Minutes of 20 November 2017 were adopted. The Dean led a reflection on the O Antiphons of Advent which included consideration of associated scripture.
• Cathedral By-Law - amended version as proposed was approved by the Bishop of Fredericton 01 December 2017 and posted to the web
• Safe Church Forms - forms tabled in November with minor revisions to be considered
• Chapter Vacancy - a motion to recommend a Bishop’s appointment of Lynn Meehan as Hospitality/Welcoming/Membership chair
• Committee Terms of Reference - the intention is for the Executive to work with Chapter members to assure that terms of reference exist for each Committee of the Chapter
The Road Home (Fredericton Project to End Homelessness) - Penny Erikson addressed the Chapter about this current project following the “Housing First” philosophy. Possibilities for the Cathedral to be involved were briefly discussed. There will be an appeal to Anglican parishes in and around the City. An information session with more details will be planned during January. Visit the website <roadhomefredericton.com> to explore.
Items for Decision
• Approval of Forms - two forms adopted for use:
- Permission for Personal Health Information Release Form
- Volunteer Information Form
From the Dean
• Normal - 3 home visits, 4 visits to hospital, diocesan and Cathedral meetings
• Seasonal - preparations in process
• Treasurer - briefed the Chapter on several items:
- update on current financials and the 2017 budget
- thanks and a reminder to be sent to those who pledged support for parish nursing
- requirements for up-coming review engagement in January
- preliminary information preparing a budget for 2018
• Buildings and Property - some additional lighting changes to LED and considering renovation work to Cathedral south door and porch
• Formation - Life in the Eucharist completed, Godly Play, Taizé worship. ALPHA concludes this week.
• Administration and Finance - Records management project continues. Facilitated completion of forms (Decision)
• Mission and Outreach - Belize Mission, progress on Community Kitchen Teams coordination
• Health and Pastoral Care - progress toward budget needs for 2018; Afternoon Tea held on 07 December
• Hospitality/Welcoming/Membership - Lynn Meehan attended as guest and is looking forward to offering leadership in this area
Annual Report - final deadline for reports is 31 January. Committee Chairs to facilitate collection before that date.
17 December - Christmas Lessons and Carols
24 December - 10 am; 4, 8, 11 pm
25 December - 10 am
01 January - 11 am New Years with the Bishop
27 January - Belize Mission
22 January. 19 February, Annual Meeting 25 February 2018 GMH