Members of Bishop and Chapter met this past Monday evening, 14 March, with 9 of 13 members present. A short discussion on Philippians 2:5-11: “let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus …” What was important about the kind of death Jesus died? What nonnegotiable Christian teaching is contained? Minutes from the 15 and 21 February meetings were adopted.
Janet Mahar was appointed Chapter Recording Secretary with the Chapter’s sincere thanks.
• Advisory Committee to the Bishop was appointed on 21 February. Chair and Secretary need to be appointed. Nominated C. Schmidt, secretary, J. Morell, chair. Other members will be contacted for concurrence.
• Hall Starlift parts on order with repair pending.
• Space for Scouts – B. Garland has communicated the available space for use by the Scouts.
• Music Director Search committee reported that initial interviews have been conducted and second interviews are pending. Sharon Pond has graciously agreed to act as interim organist.
• Chapter Vacancy of one member remains with a chair for the committee on Christian Formation needed.
• Every Member Visitation is planned for the last week of April/First week of May. Information package being developed. Training 16 April. Visitors needed.
From the Dean
Monthly special care facility Communions, hospitals visits, one meeting of the deaneries clericus, four diocesan meetings. Two Lenten Study groups on-going with about 12 participants. Confirmation preparation began 27 February partnering with the Parish of New Maryland. Baptism preparation for Easter complete. Efforts of home visitation impeded by time limitations over the last several weeks. Vacation 07 – 21 April with Canon Smith as supply. Have serious concern about ministries of Christian formation. Sunday School is struggling with lack of leaders/teachers.
Items for Decision
• Parish Nurse Staff Position – That Bishop and Chapter approve the hiring of a part-time permanent Parish Nurse, subject to the Parish Nursing Support Group being able to secure pledges, over and above regular offerings, totalling $11,000/year over the next 5 years.
• Arborist Request – International Society of Arboriculture to prune trees on the Cathedral green 04 June. Permission granted with assurances regarding liability received.
• Signing Officers – That Chapter signing officers be Bishop David Edwards, Dean Geoffrey Hall, Chair Jim Morell, Treasurer Carol Dixon and Secretary Janet Mahar.
• Refugee Sponsorship – Guest Ann Deveau visited with updates from the Missions Committee regarding progress on the sponsorship of a refugee family. 10 parishes and the Cathedral initially working together to sponsor one family. Expect a May or June arrival. Several individuals from the Cathedral have joined the action team. Some storage space for collected donated articles was identified for use.
Easter Sunday (27 March) combined worship at 10:30 a.m.
The Day of Pentecost (15 May) worship and luncheon at 10:30 a.m.
Monday, 25 April 2016, 7:00 p.m.