Bishop and Chapter met on Monday, 12 June 2017 with six of ten members present. Minutes of 15 May 2017 were adopted.
A conversation about the Article: “Want to Reach Kids with the Gospel? Ask These Questions First” – Wycliffe College Institute of Evangelism – Tiffany Robinson. Four questions:
- Why do we want children in the church?
- How do we welcome families and children?
- What is our goal for the children in our midst?
- Is the whole community on board with nurturing children in the faith?
A timely and interesting discussion with the current initiative of employing a half-time Director of Christian Formation.
• Stipends and salaries – To be discussed. Staff reviews to be completed by the end of June. Compensation considerations part of the annual budget process.
• Cathedral Restoration Fund transfer – request made to bank to transfer from savings account to Diocesan Consolidated Investment Fund. Other transfers as agreed in process
• Sexton appointment – letter of permanent appointment to the Sexton
• Christian formation – salary of half-time position for decision
• Chapter vacancy – Social and Hospitality
• HST rebates – the Treasurer has submitted applications for 2015 and 2016 reimbursement to CRA
From the Dean
• Routine activities – summary of regular items including; diocesan meetings; Cathedral meetings: Cathedral trust funds management; Records management; Chapter Committees; home and hospital visits; marriage preparation; 1 funeral. Vacation: 7-20 August. Absent Sunday 02 July for a Parish 150th Anniversary.
• Pentecost – outdoor worship and BBQ following on 04 June well received. Some talk of the possibility of a corn boil in September
• O’Dell House – concern about the deteriorating condition of the porch and understandings regarding care-taking
• Current priorities – Ordination 18 June, Director of Christian Formation interviews; staff reviews by end of June
• Up-coming – Friday organ concerts and summer recital series
Items for Decision
• Designated Funds – a large number of “funds” exist labelled “designated. The Executive will consider disposition and collapse as possible and appropriate and report to the next meeting
• Director of Christian Formation – discussion and decision about salary for offer to the successful candidate
• Treasurer – the current regular monthly summary financial statement was reviewed
• Communications – intentions to create a Cathedral promotional video on hold for the moment. Photo directory well received
• Health and Pastoral Care – National Parish Nursing Conference in held in Fredericton in June. Health Ministry relayed a report from Kathleen Snow
• Properties – Hall step repair should be proceeding soon; sign standards on the green to be installed, south choir room door painted
21 August (tentative); 18 September; 16 October; 20 November; 11 December