Christ Church Cathedral, Fredericton has an opening for a part-time Christian Formation Director/Coordinator to commence work on or around July 1, 2017. This contract position is based on the person hired working 20 hours per week.
The successful applicant will see as a foundation of this ministry the facilitation of several formation and discipleship activities, working with other leadership towards an increased number of mission-minded followers of Jesus Christ within the Cathedral congregation.
Specific areas of the ministry will include:
- co-ordination and teacher development for the children’s Christian education program, while looking to expand this to all ages;
- scheduling, co-ordination, publicity and recruitment of leaders and mentors for baptism, first communion and confirmation preparation;
- organization of intergenerational activities to recognize special times and seasons in the church calendar;
- encouraging the organization of home-based study and prayer groups and training of leaders;
- support for families in both community and home-based Christian formation;
- support of Alpha Course leadership;
- development and support of a regular seeker/ new member/ new Christian learning programme(s);
- particular focus initially on families with children, including engaging with them to determine needs and expectations
- Day to day supervision will be by the Dean. The Christian Formation Committee of Bishop and Chapter will function as a support group for the Christian Formation Director. This group will work with the Director to develop yearly outcomes.
- Qualifications of persons considered for this position include having a living, maturing Christian faith, commitment and experience working with children, youth and families, and having knowledge of and/or are supportive of the Anglican expression of the Christian faith.
Successful applicant will be expected to submit to a criminal record check.
Please submit your resume outlining your interest and experiences and two references on or before May 31, 2017. For further information, please contact: the Dean of Fredericton at (506) 450-7761.
Email: search at cccath.ca
Christ Church Cathedral
Attention: Formation Search Committee
168 Church Street
Fredericton NB E3B 4C9