Members of Bishop and Chapter met this past Monday evening, 30 May, with 12 of 13 members present. A short faith conversation on Luke 7:11-17 was led by the Dean. Minutes from the 25 April meeting were presented and adopted.
• Cathedral steeple – has been repaired at a cost of about $13,000. Insurance has covered with a $1000 deductable
• Organ maintenance – scheduled for mid-June at a cost of about $2900. Dr. Pond has graciously agreed to facilitate the service and maintenance visit
• Chapter membership – one vacancy remains: chair of Christian Formation
• Member Visitation – wrapped up. Surveys being accepted until the end of May. Debrief is scheduled for visitors on Sunday, 05 June 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the Hall.
• Cathedral piano – several options are being considered following notice of the wishes of the owner to sell
From the Dean
• usual ministerial and pastoral activities including care facility, hospital and home visits
• status of Music Director (David Drinkell has committed to be present on 17 July at the latest) and Parish Nurse (Kathleen Snow has agreed to begin 01 September). The position of sexton now needs to be advertised and a full-time hire expedited. Thanks to David Garland for his interim duties
• note regarding up-coming events in June
Items for Decision
• Staff and employment – Director of Music and Parish Nurse position descriptions and letters of offer of employment are all but complete, will be finalized soon. Sexton position description, advertising and letter of offer of employment ASAP
• Memorial Hall Steps Repair – scope of work and quotes for repair to the Hall steps and resulting water leaks into the electrical room) will be acquired. This was another of the critical items that would have been addressed by the originally proposed Hall Renovation Project and should be addressed as soon as possible
• Anglican Foundation of Canada – it was agreed that Christ Church Cathedral should maintain an annual membership and that the recent request for fees should be met.
• Communications Committee is planning a Cathedral photo directory for the fall of 2016
• Worship Committee will facilitate establishing public morning and evening offices (Morning Prayer 8:45 a.m. and Evening Prayer 4:45 p.m.) daily. Volunteers are being sought.
• Administration and Finance Committee – draft terms of reference were discussed. Our Treasurer is seeking assistance in completing as smooth a transition as possible. Several administrative issues require consideration and the Dean has expressed the urgency of having this committee functional
• Choral Evensong, 05 June 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
• Confirmation, 19 June 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
• Ordination 26 June at 4:00 p.m.
Monday, 20 June 2016