Christ Church Cathedral Missions Committee
The Missions Committee, established at the cathedral in 2008, encourages and promotes mission work as a means of living out our Christian faith – as individuals and as the cathedral family. Our mission statement is “Serving God in mission, sharing Jesus with the world.”
The committee financially and prayerfully supports several mission-based causes:
- Bishop McAllister College and Anglican Seminary in Bushenyi, Uganda
- The Mejia family serving with the South American Missionary Society in Roatan, Honduras
- St. Hilda’s Anglican School in Georgeville, Belize, and sponsorship of high school and college students in Belize (Click here for more on our relationship with Belize)
Committee members continue to look for opportunities to
- invite guest speakers to share their experiences with mission work (e.g., Canon Paul Jeffries from Bishop McAllister College in Uganda is expected at the cathedral in the autumn of 2016)
- endorse the peace, justice and development work of PWRDF
- support the local Intervarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF) at UNB and STU
- participate on the refugee sponsorship committee in the archdeaconry of Greater Fredericton
- facilitate interested parishioners to attend missions conferences such as Jesus to the Nations annually in Halifax
- highlight our companion diocese of Ho in Ghana
Through these activities, we hope to lead our congregation into action that will make a difference around the globe and here at home.
The members of the Missions Committee include, Brad McKnight (Treasurer), Dean Geoffrey Hall, Eric Hadley (B&C Representative), Gregg Finley, Helen Sullivan (Secretary), John Dos Santos, Kurt Schmidt, and Sam Mayo. Our committee operates using a revolving Chair member every other month. If you would like to become involved or are interested in more information from our committee or partners, please let one of us know.