Bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God
Colossians 1:10 (NIV)
As we shared with you before, we certainly experienced a Holy Week and Easter under our new roof; what a blessing to continue receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost with the improving of our Church building. We feel so very blessed! Thank you to all of you who have contributed with your financial and physical support and most of all, your prayers.
At the end of April we ordered all the doors for the church building, and we expect these to be installed by the end of July.
We also plan to order the windows very soon and to complete the rest of the construction, which includes:
- stucco the interior walls
- pour concrete floors
- install ceramic floor tiles
- some electrical work, and
As you can see, we still have quite a bit of work to do before the church is completed.
On May 8 we celebrated Mother’s Day and also had a special pastoral visit from our Bishop Lloyd Allen, who confirmed six members and received one as an Episcopalian.
We had the privilege of participating with a member of each congregation in the National Synod that took place in Tegucigalpa on May 28.
After this our family of four took the opportunity, while we were on the mainland, to visit my (Nelson’s) family in my hometown, Siguatepeque. At the same time I (Nelson) was invited to preach at my home church. This was a privilege.
Please continue to pray for:
- Continued financial support for the next years as we continue to serve the Lord on Roatán, Honduras.
- Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole.
- Short Term mission teams that are planning to come to Roatán next year from Ontario.
- The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole – doors are ordered and are to be installed by the end of July.
- Gerardo and Cindy, our youth leaders that God has called to take responsibility for guiding the young people.
- Spiritual and practical outreach in the local communities.
- Nelson, who was asked by the Bishop to be part of a team helping those entering into the ordination process.
- An evangelistic outreach that will take place in Roatán (July 29-30) and all the churches involved, that many can be healed, be freed, and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. A ministry team from the USA is coming to partner with the churches in Roatán.
- The Episcopal Church in Honduras, for the process toward self-sufficiency by the end of 2019.
Thank you very much for your prayers and continued support that enable us to continue in this ministry.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Nelson and Kara Mejia
Empowering the Church.
Learning, Growing and Serving.